Edinburgh’s main bus company, Lothian Buses operates three services from Edinburgh Airport to Edinburgh City Centre and surrounds.
- The Airlink 100 express bus service runs from Edinburgh Airport to Waverley Bridge in Edinburgh’s city centre.
- The Skylink 200 bus service covers North Edinburgh and runs from Edinburgh Airport to the Ocean Terminal.
- The Skylink 300 bus service runs from Edinburgh Airport through West Edinburgh to Ocean Terminal.
Airlink 100 Express Bus
The Airlink 100 Express bus features generous storage space for luggage, electrical sockets for charging mobiles and laptops, laptop tables, free on-board WiFi internet access, next stop information and full wheelchair access.
The service from Edinburgh Airport to Waverley Bridge runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – every ten minutes during peak hours and every half an hour off-peak. Adult tickets cost £4.50 for a single journey or £7.50 return. Children’s tickets are priced at £2 single or £3 return. Return Tickets are open-ended – the return journey can be taken when needed.
Tickets can be purchased from the driver, at the Airlink kiosk outside Edinburgh Airport Domestic Arrivals or in advance on the Airlink Website. You can pay by cash or use your contactless debit or credit card, Apple Pay or Android Pay to pay for your journey.
Airlink buses depart from directly outside Domestic Arrivals at Edinburgh Airport and from Waverley Bridge in the City Centre.
The Edinburgh Airport Airlink 100 Bus offers scheduled stops at the following locations…
- Airport Hotel
- Edinburgh Zoo
- Western Corner
- Wester Coates
- Haymarket Station
- West End
- Princes Street
- Waverley Bridge
Skylink 100 & 200 Bus Services from Edinburgh Airport
Covering local connections between Edinburgh Airport and North Edinburgh
- The Skylink 300 bus service covers North Edinburgh and runs from Edinburgh Airport to Ocean Terminal. Stops include Maybury, Clermiston, Blackhall, Drylaw, Muirhouse, West Pilton, Granton, Starbank, Newhaven, Lindsay Road and Ocean Terminal.
- The Skylink 300 bus service covers West Edinburgh and runs from Edinburgh Airport to the Ocean Terminal. Stops include Gyle Centre, Edinburgh Park, Sighthill, Saughton Mains, Chesser, Slateford, Fountain Park, Forrest Road, Chambers Street, South Bridge, High Street, Holyrood, Easter Road, Leith and Ocean Terminal.
- Skylink 200 departs from Bus Stop B, Skylink 300 departs from Bus Stop F at Edinburgh Airport
- All services include baggage racks with CCTV.
- Journeys to and from Edinburgh Airport every 30 minutes daily on service 200, every 12 minutes weekdays, every 15 minutes Saturdays and every 30 minutes Sundays on service 300.
- 7 days a week from 04:10 until midnight on service 200.
See www.flybybus.com for further information